We are absolutely giddy about this latest food discovery.
Thanks to our very compulsive husband for ordering Soom Foods https://www.soomfoods.com single origin tahini, we spread it on our grain-free plantain cinnamon pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup added some chopped Cinnamon Spice nuts and the result was WOW!
You can play around with whether you add the syrup and you can add the nuts to the batter and on top but here’s a basic recipe:
Cinnamon Spiced Plantain Pancakes with Tahini
1 large green plantain, peeled
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/5 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4-1/3 cup of Cinnamon Spice Isadore Nuts and crumbles, broken into smaller pieces or crushed depending on preference
ghee, we prefer https://shamimspantry.com, butter, or coconut oil for cooking serve with tahini*, maple syrup and additional nuts sprinkled on top
- Place the plantain, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon in a blender or Vitamix.
- If the plantain is difficult to peel, try making a slit in the peel lengthwise, followed by slicing it into thirds.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large measuring cup and fold Cinnamon Spice nuts into the batter.
- Heat your pan and melt the ghee, coconut oil or butter until it foams or sizzles.
- Use a 1/4 to 1/3 measuring cup depending if you want silver dollar or medium size cakes.
- Wait until the batter develops small bubbles and crisps on the edges before flipping. We like them extra thin and flat so we flatten the cake with the spatula.
- Top with tahini*, maple syrup and additional nuts
*We recommend www.soomfoods.com tahini spread, but if you don’t have Soom, you’ll have to water down the tahini if you have the thick stuff that separates in the jar.
Serve and enjoy!